Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Progress... 21/03 - 24/03

Have look through lots of blender and unity tutorials on:
- uv mapping
- texturing
- lighting
- animation
- texture into unity
- unity 3D platform tutorial


21/03

It's easter Friday!!

I've spend quite some time doing the uv mapping, cutting parts up and unwrap them. The other parts was actually alright, just the front legs takes me quite some time to get it unwrap right. The texturing part after that went pretty fine.

-- uv mapping

-- bring the texture back into blender and apply it to the model

23/03

Went to Paraparamu beach in the morning, had lots of fun! Had "best fish and chips in Kapiti" for lunch, and that was indeed yummy!!!

Came back quite late in the afternoon. Begin doing blender at around 10pm. Started off by looking through tutorials on animation, then try to get my character to animate some basic movement such as hopping. After getting more fermilliar with animating, I decided to make a cycle with 3 animations: walk, hop and fly. I've also do a truntable view of my character. Finally, I finishes the work at 4am.



24/03

Bring my rendered images into quicktime and export them as a quicktime movie.
Exported my character and all its animation in fbx format and bring them into unity. In unity, I notice that my character has holes all over its body. I've email Kah about this problem and ask for his help, and he told me this might be either my model having multiple vertices at some point, or there are parts with no weight on them. So I went back to blender and checked both, then export it again, and problem solved!

No comments: